How to Complete a PTO Lubrication Pressure Test on Your Yanmar Tractor
We want to help you complete a PTO lubrication pressure test on your Yanmar tractor.
If you do not feel that you understand these steps, or can perform them safely, consult your tractor dealer or local mechanic. Also always consult your tractor owner’s manual for model-specific information.
The purpose of this test is to verify hydraulic pressure in the Power Take Off (PTO) lubrication valve is maintained at correct levels to perform work without causing damage to the Power Take-Off (PTO) clutch, and to verify that lubrication oil is being provided to the Power Take-Off (PTO) clutch.
Time to get started.
1 Remove the rear left wheel.
· Make sure to use a suitable lifting device.
· Make sure to support the rear axle with suitable jack stands.
· Make sure that the range gear lever is in N (neutral) position. (SA324/424 only.)
· Make sure that the hydraulic pump is in good condition.
2. To complete this task you will need to purchase the following equipment and tools:
· Adapter fitting (3/8")
· Hydraulic pressure gauge
· Hose with coupler
3. Power Take-Off (PTO) lubrication valve pressure test.
· Remove the test port plug from the lubrication pressure test port (A, Fig.1).
· Install the following to the lubrication pressure test port.
- Adapter fitting
- Hydraulic pressure gauge (B, Fig. 1)
- Hose with coupler
· Perform the following procedure.
- Start the engine
- Run the engine at 3200 rpm
- Pull up the Power Take-Off (PTO) switch to