We want to help you bleed your Yanmar tractor hydraulic system.
If you do not feel that you understand these steps, or can perform them safely, consult your tractor dealer or local mechanic. Also always consult your tractor owner’s manual for model-specific information.
To complete this task you will need to purchase a ballast box.
Time to get started.
The reason you need to bleed the hydraulic system is to remove any trapped air in the hydraulic system that might prevent proper operation.
1. Park the tractor safely and securely.
2. Shut off the engine.
· Place chocks (A, Fig. 1) on each driving direction of both front and rear wheels.
A - Chock (8 pieces)
· The parking brake lever is in the LOCKED position.
· Range shift lever is in N (neutral) position. (SA324/424 only)
3. Bleeding of the hydraulic system.
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage
· Always flush out the entire hydraulic system if any contamination is found in the filter or the transmission.
· If the 3-point hitch does not respond to the operation of the hydraulic lift control lever:
- Shut off the engine.
- Make sure that the hose clamps on the suction line elbow and manifold are properly tightened.
· Procedure using the steering wheel.
- Install a new hydraulic oil filter and fill the transmission with the designated hydraulic transmission fluid to the proper level.
- Check the level with the dipstick.
- Raise the tractor front axle and support it with the appropriate jack stands.
- Start the tractor engine and run it at a low idle.
- Slowly turn the steering wheel to the left and right until the wheel turns smoothly. At this point, any air that was trapped in the system has been bled back to the reservoir.
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage.
If the 3-point hitch does not respond to the operation of the hydraulic lift control lever:
· Shut off the engine.
· Make sure that the hose clamps on the suction line elbow and manifold are properly tightened.
· Procedure using the 3-point hitch.
- Attach the 661 lbs (300 kg) ballast box or a 661 lbs (300 kg) weight on the 3-point hitch for SA221, 1208 lbs (548 kg) ballast box or a 1208 lbs (548 kg) weight on the 3-point hitch for SA324/424, as shown of Figure 2.
- Operate the 3-point hitch repeatedly until it moves smoothly.
- Shut off the engine.
- Check the level of the hydraulic reservoir oil.
- Fill as necessary.
- Check for leaks in each line connection.
- Tighten as necessary.
- Lower the tractor back to the ground.
Note: Always fill the new hydraulic oil filter with clean hydraulic oil before installation.
If you need any further help or have any questions about hydraulic systems, tractors, or anything else, please contact your dealer, local mechanic, or call us at 602-734-9944. Please ask about our current new and used tractor supply.
Team Tractor and Equipment - #1 Tractor Dealer in Arizona. We sell and service most major brands of tractors including Yanmar, Kubota, John Deere, TYM, Mahindra, Kioti, Case, New Holland, Massey Ferguson, Ford, Deutz, Case IH, Farmall, International Harvester, Branson Tractors, LS, Shibura, Claas Tractor, McCormick Tractors, Valtra, Solis, YTO, Montana, and Nortrac.