I Need to Replace My Yanmar Oil Filter
We want to help you safely replace your Yanmar tractor oil filter.
If you do not feel that you understand these steps, or can perform them safely, consult your tractor dealer or local mechanic.
Time to get started.
Here is how you do it --- step-by-step:
- Purchase the recommended replacement filters and parts for your Yanmar tractor model. For more information, contact your local Yanmar dealer or consult your service manual.
- Loosen and remove the drain plug. Wear gloves and use a rag.
- Allow the tractor engine oil to drain for several minutes. Be sure all the oil has drained from the engine. You do not want any dirty oil contaminating the new oil.
- Remove the oil filter. Use channel lock pliers or a filter wrench. NOTE: Many tractors have shields that need to be removed before you can remove the oil filter.
- Remove the oil filter gasket. Many times, the rubber gasket will come off with the filter. Sometimes it will not. If you install the new oil filter without removing the old gasket --- the two gaskets may blow out. This will eventually, if not right away, cause an oil leak.
- Clean the oil filter housing. Put a small film of oil on the new oil filter. This will help it tighten and seal. Next, screw the filter on as tight as you can by hand. Then, with a filter wrench only, tighten an additional ¼ turn or as directed on the oil filter.
- Replace the drain plug and tighten it. Do not over tighten the drain plug or you might damage the oil pan threads.
- Add oil. Consult your dealer or tractor service manual for the recommended type of oil and quantity.
- Turn the key to the "on" position. Check to make sure the oil pressure warning light is lit up.
- Start the tractor. Make sure the oil pressure warning light goes off. If you do not get oil pressure within a few seconds, shut off the engine. Inspect for any issues. Running an engine without oil pressure can cause serious engine damage.
- Check for leaks around the oil filter and drain plug.
If you feel you cannot complete this process, contact your local Yanmar tractor dealer or mechanic.
If you need any further help or have any questions about oil filters, tractors, or anything else, please contact your dealer, local mechanic, or call us at 602-734-9944. Please ask about our current new and used tractor supply.
Team Tractor and Equipment - #1 Tractor Dealer in Arizona. We sell and service most major brands of tractors including Yanmar, Kubota, John Deere, TYM, Mahindra, Kioti, Case, New Holland, Massey Ferguson, Ford, Deutz, Case IH, Farmall, International Harvester, Branson Tractors, LS, Shibura, Claas Tractor, McCormick Tractors, Valtra, Solis, YTO, Montana, and Nortrac.