I Need to Test My Yanmar Tractor 3-point Hitch Lifting Time
We want to help you test your Yanmar tractor’s 3-point hitch lifting time.
If you do not feel that you understand these steps, or can perform them safely, consult your tractor dealer or local mechanic. Also always consult your tractor owner’s manual for model-specific information.
To complete this task you will need to purchase a ballast box.
Time to get started.
The reason you need to test your 3-point hitch lifting time is to determine if the hydraulic system is functioning properly and can lift loads of the rated weight.
1. Park the tractor safely and securely.
2. Shut off the engine.
- Place chocks (A, Fig. 1) on each driving direction of both front and rear wheels.
A - Chock (8 pieces)
- The parking brake lever is in the LOCKED position.
- Range shift lever is in N (neutral) position. (SA324/424 only)
3-Point hitch lifting time test procedure.
- Attach the 661 lbs (300 kg) ballast box or a 661 lbs (300 kg) weight on the 3-point hitch for SA221, 1208 lbs (548 kg) ballast box or a 1208 lbs (548 kg) weight on the 3-point hitch for SA324/424, as shown in Figure 2.
- Open the hydraulic flow control/stop valve all the way.