We want to teach you tips for safely servicing your tractor’s cooling system.
Cooling systems and engines are hot and pressurized during and after operations. So, it is super important that you be careful when servicing your tractor.
If you do not feel that you understand these tips, or can perform them safely, consult your tractor dealer or local mechanic.
Here they are:
- Put on safety goggles. Protect your eyes from all fluids.
- Shut down the engine. This should be obvious, but many people forget.
- Once the engine is completely cool --- open the radiator cap. Never open a radiator cap when the engine is hot.
- When removing the radiator cap --- loosen it to the first stop. This will release excessive pressure. Once the pressure is completely released, you may carefully remove the radiator cap.
- Make sure the engine and cooling system are completely cool before doing any service. Do not service a hot engine or cooling system, as the radiator is hot and can cause serious burns. Built-up pressure in the cooling system can cause the coolant to spray out when you remove the radiator cap. This can cause serious burns.
- Add coolant or water to the reserve tank. Do not add them to the radiator.
If you need any further help or have any questions about cooling systems, tractors, or anything else, please contact your dealer, local mechanic, or call us at 602-734-9944. Please ask about our current new and used tractor supply.
Team Tractor and Equipment - #1 Tractor Dealer in Arizona. We sell and service most major brands of tractors including Yanmar, Kubota, John Deere, TYM, Mahindra, Kioti, Case, New Holland, Massey Ferguson, Ford, Deutz, Case IH, Farmall, International Harvester, Branson Tractors, LS, Shibura, Claas Tractor, McCormick Tractors, Valtra, Solis, YTO, Montana, and Nortrac.